Tuesday 31 July 2018

Tourism CS Najib Balala Cancels NTV Interview

Poster of the interview on NTV

Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala has cancelled an interview on NTV.

In a statement seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the Tourism Ministry stated that the CS would not be available for the interview.

"Unfortunately, CS @tunajibu will not make it for the interview due to other urgent and pressing official matters that he has to attend to," read the tweet.

Balala was scheduled to appear for an interview during the 7 PM news hours with anchor Jane Ngoiri.

"Alisema "Go To Hell." Na sasa ameombamsamaha waziri @tunajibu anajibu katika#NTVJioni leo saa moja na Jane Ngoiri, (He said go to hell and now he has apologised. Balala will be on at NTV Jioni to answer to the public)" read the announcement by NTV.

"The

Earlier in the day, Balala apologised for his go-to-hell rant over rhino deaths.

Appearing before a parliamentary committee on Tuesday, the Cabinet Secretary stated that he regretted dragging President Uhuru Kenyatta's name into his emotional remarks.

“I regret I did that outburst, it was out of pain that I am being let down by my system. I do regret dragging the president’s name,” he stated during the hearing.

His apology comes a day after he lashed out at a section of Kenyans calling for his resignation over the death of 10 rhinos at Tsavo East National Park.

Speaking during a press conference in Mombasa, Balala affirmed that he would not resign as the only person who had the power to remove him from office was the President.

"Those calling for my resignations are just sideshows. I don't want to talk about rhinos now but I want to tell them to go to hell. Only Uhuru has the authority of appointing and firing me. I can only tell them [sic] they can go to hell.

"No one is going to intimidate me as the president who appointed me knows I have the capacity to run the Ministry," he asserted.

"Najib

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER Generally there are many challenges NYSC corps member face at their various orientation camp....