Saturday 18 May 2019

Arsenal Successfully Signed Bayern Munich Star



Good times are here for Arsenal with the English football giants following up a first league title in eight years with the signing of Netherlands midfielder, Jill Roord, from Frauen Bundesliga side and 2019 Champions League semi-finalists, Bayern Munich.

The 22-year old is an international teammate of influential midfielder Danielle van de Donk and Vivianne Miedema, whose 22 goals fired the Gunners to the Women’s Super League title and won her the Golden Boot award.

“I’m really proud that I’m going to be an Arsenal player,” she told the Arsenal website after completing the move.

She added: “Arsenal is one of the clubs in England that I really like. In women’s football, they’ve always been one of the top clubs. Of course there are some Dutch friends of mine who play there, so I’ve always followed them. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Roord formed part of the Netherlands’ 2017 European Championship winning squad and prior to joining Bayern, won two Dutch Eredivisie titles with FC Twente before moving to Germany in 2017, where she was teammates with Austria national team captain Viktoria Schnaderbeck for a season and is now set to reunite with the experienced defender.

As a result, Roord becomes one of four players who have signed for Arsenal from Bayern Munich along with Schnaderbec, Miedema, and Lisa Evans, as the Gunners prepare for their return to the Champions League.

The new Arsenal signing went on to reveal her talks with Miedema and van de Donk, as well as former players Dominique Bloodworth and Sari van Veenendaal, both of whom left the club last week – Bloodworth signed for Frauen Bundesliga giants, Vfl Wolfsburg, while van Veenendaal left the Gunners at the end of her contract.

“I’ve talked to them and I know they’ve all been really happy over here,” Roord told the Arsenal website. “They also told me that I’m going to like it here and that it’s a good step. It will fit the way I play and the way Arsenal want to play too.”

Arsenal Women

@ArsenalWFC

Introducing our first summer signing…

Welcome to north London, @JillRoordNL

3,152

4:02 PM - May 14, 2019


539 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

She added: “I’ve talked to them and it’s my decision because I felt really good about it, but it helps that they’ve said these good words. It’s always nice if you go somewhere and there are some familiar faces on and off the pitch. That really helps and I’m really happy that I’m going to play with them over there.”

Arsenal’s new star went on to reveal her delight at her talk with manager, Joe Montemurro. “I had a chat with the coach and immediately felt really good. He made me feel really positive. The way he wants to play and what he expects of me, it’s exactly what I want to show.”

Roord added: “I had a really good feeling that we were on the same wavelength, so I can’t wait. I knew the club fitted me, the English league fits me. It’s a great league which is only getting better and better, and I just want to be part of it.”

Share your views on Arsenal’s new signing with us in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER Generally there are many challenges NYSC corps member face at their various orientation camp....