Saturday 28 April 2018

Iniesta in tears as he announces Barca exit


Barcelona legend Andres Iniesta was in a pool of tears as he confirmed that he will leave the club at the end of the season.

During an emotional press conference in front of team-mates including Gerard Pique and Ivan Rakitic, a tearful Iniesta revealed his decision to quit La Liga. He is expected to join Chinese Super League side Chongqing Dangdai.

With his wife and children watching in a packed-out press room at the Nou Camp, Iniesta initially struggled to compose himself as he admitted this season would be his last with the Spanish giants.

His exit will bring an end to his time at the Nou Camp after 22 years.

“This is my last season here,” Iniesta said. “I have thought my decision through for a long time. For me, Barca is the best club in the world - this club has given me everything.

“It's a very difficult day for me, to be here saying goodbye when I've spent my whole life here at Barcelona. A great deal of who I am, is down to Barça and La Masia - I am very thankful to them.

“To all Cules, who have seen me grown as a player, and accompanied me in the good and bad times, thank you.”

The move has been widely reported for some time, with Iniesta also left in tears after being substituted in last week's 5-0 Copa del Rey final win over Sevilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER Generally there are many challenges NYSC corps member face at their various orientation camp....