Tuesday 16 January 2018

David De Gea named his closest friend among other goal keeper

David De Gea named his closest friend among other goal keeper

Report by Adam Marshall


WHO IS DE GEA'S CLOSEST GOALKEEPING FRIEND?

David De Gea is the cover star of the latest edition of Inside United, which is out now, and the Manchester United keeper had plenty to say during an in-depth interview.

The Spain international answered a series of questions supplied by the club's official magazine and revealed which goalkeeper he is closest to away from Old Trafford.

"You always get on well with your opposite number," he said. "Usually when you play against each other. But the one I know best is Joel [Robles], the Everton keeper. We were at Atletico Madrid together and we get on really well. So I’m closest to him as, with the rest, it’s more just when you are playing against them. Joel’s a top bloke."

So much is made about the goalkeepers' union, that special bond that exists between the guys who play between the posts - and De Gea admits he studies his fellow stoppers on a regular basis.

"To be honest, I watch all goalkeepers," he explained. "I observe almost all of them when I’m watching football on TV. I like to watch the match and I like to watch other keepers. You watch them all to see what good attributes they have, I think it’s always a positive thing to watch different keepers in action.

"I reckon, nowadays, every goalkeeper has their own particular style and technique and I just enjoy watching them in action."

Read the full seven-page interview in the February edition of Inside United, which also includes a picture-led feature on the goalkeepers' union at United.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER

COMEDY VIDEO: NYSC CORPER SHORTER THAN TROUSER Generally there are many challenges NYSC corps member face at their various orientation camp....